Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
John Husvar John Husvar is offline

Default OT - Basic Skills in Today's World

In article ,
"Morris Dovey" wrote:

John Husvar (in
) said:

| With a little study and planning, they could do it with a couple

Are your sure that you really want to continue this subthread?

Hi, Morris.

I really don't see why it'd be a problem.

The terrorists are fanatical, not stupid.

They've probably thought of many or most of these scenarios on their
own. The real problem is determining _which_ scenario they'll try to
pull off _when_. That they'll try one or another or something no one has
thought of is almost certain.

I suspect more than ignoring the field guys' notes about people taking
flying lessons but not being interested in landings, the FBI, etc. said
something like: "Are you kidding? No ****ing way! Jeez, get a grip, you
guys!"

99.9% of the time they'd be right: We just got that .01% on 9/11.

Seems to me, when thinking about people whose fondest wish is to die for
Allah, thinking of ways they might do it is more productive than
otherwise.

Whether they read newsgroups or not, they're likely planning all sorts
of nasty little surprises -- and probably a few really big ones.

Fact of life anymo They're here. They're weird. We have to deal with
it.

--
Bring back, Oh bring back
Oh, bring back that old continuity.