Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock Brian Sharrock is offline

Default How to move kitchen appliances safely?

"Dot Net Work" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm moving 30 miles away, and my stuff's being put inside a Luton Van.

I've got the 3 kitchen usuals - wash machine, fridge & a freezer.

Is there anything that I can stand them on inside the van to cushion
their journey?

FWIW; my (clothes) washing machine came with a ginormous metal _Transit
Strap_ (which I've carefully kept and placed God only knows where. The 'wash
machine' usually contains a big drum mounted on shock absorbers (Springs
and/or hydraulic/gas struts) to cater for the spinning motion. AIUI, the
maechanism must be restrained during transit to obviate damage. Before you
worry about the cosmetic _outside_ of the machine , I'd worry about the
innards.

--

Brian