Posted to alt.home.repair
John Gilmer John Gilmer is offline

Default Cheap phone cord (related to cheap extension cords)

"mm" wrote in message
Cheap phone cord (related to cheap extension cords)

Speaking of cheap cord, a few years ago I needed about 40 feet of
modular phone cord, and I was at a hamfest where they had 100 foot
roll of cord for less that Radio Shack sells 50. Plus it was right
there in front of me, and I wouldn't have to look any further.

So I bought it and it worked fine for a few years. I used the whole
100 feet without cutting because I thought someday I might need a 100
foot piece.

Just junk it and run by a "Dollar Store" or a Family Dollar or such other
such store that sells cheap Chinese junk.

I still go to Rat Shack for solid conductor stuff for inside the walls but
for modular "patches" (including splitters, butt connectors, etc) you basic
$dollar store outlet will fix your up.

Those cords aren't worth the cost of the modular connector end to fix.