Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Maggots in dustbin (elimination thereof)

Douglas de Lacey wrote:
Lobster wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

I don't think I have ever put out a wheelie bin less than 3/4 full...
(shame we can't recycle cardboard in these parts, since I always end
up with a significant quantity of that)

Yes we have to do cardboard - we have seperate sacks for paper and
cardboard. Then they come round and empty both into the back of the
same truck. Go figure...

Well, it's possible that
(a) They are emptying into two separate compartments in the truck
(b) They are preparing for the day when they can do better paper
recycling but aren't there yet
(c) Something's gone wrong with the paper recycling they used to do
or
(d) It's an example of Blair-like joined-up thinking by 2 separate depts
in your council?

Certainly isn't (a) - but they do that with the our Recycling Box:
somebody goes through that item by item - bottles this way, cans that way.

Maybe they reckoned the local populace would rebel if they were
presented with yet another box... or maybe they'll phase another one in
later, once we've all stopped grumbling.

David