Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Rewiring garden pond pump?

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 08:10:45 +0100 someone who may be Douglas de
Lacey wrote this:-

I admit I was puzzled too; you mean "when the bodge funally breaks
down",

When the existing cable breaks down.

I do have an RCD on the circuit; would that not
immediately trip?

That depends on the fault. It should do, but like any mechanical
device it may not operate properly. There are also electrical faults
that such devices don't detect. As a result relying on one to save
one's life is foolish. Far better to avoid the possibility, by
getting a new pump with a new cable.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh