Posted to misc.consumers.house
Tomes Tomes is offline

Default Solar panels for residential use

wrote in message
oups.com...
wrote:
Tomes wrote:
These are the folks that I used to have my solar panels installed at
no
cost to me, and an overall electric savings now of about 15% or so
(depending on a lot of stuff). They operate in NJ. Even if you are
not
in NJ, there is some good reading here.
http://www.sunfarmnetwork.com
Tomes
Correction - I operate at a net electric billing savings of 10% (not
15).
(I just looked over my stuff again...)
Tomes

How is it that they can install a solar system at no cost to you? I
know NJ has a rebate system, where the taxpayers are picking up a huge
portion of the cost, but this is the first time I've heard of it being
free. And if it is, why doesn't everyone have one?

The typical case I've seen is a 6KW system costs $55K, with the
taxpayers getting stuck with $40K of it and the homeowner paying $15K.
So, to the homeowner, the payback can appear to come in several years.
But in reality, it's a total misallocation of resources and a rippoff
for taxpayers.

At least it balances the ripoffs in favor of the energy industries. I
recently read that Exxon hasn't paid any of the huge fine it was
assessed for the Valdez disaster, after all these years. You suppose
you could get away with that???

If there's going to be a tax ripoff--and that seems to be a permanent
thing--we might as well have one, and use it, that at least tries to be
in favor of energy renewal or conservation.

Agreed.