Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default moving a guardian generator to it mounting location

Mook Johnson wrote:
I'm looking at what it would take to setup a 15kW generator for my home. I
do electrical work so wiring is not an issue but I do have a question about
how to move the 500lbs generator from the curve to the mounting location.
What kind of equipment can do this.

Rent an engine hoist (cherry picker), a foldable is the usual rental
type. Put it in the back of a pickup truck. fasten the chain to the
loop on top of the generator, pick it up, back up to the pad and set it
down. Most cherry pickers are rated around 800# approx. The tire tracks
in your lawn will be invisible in a year or so. Keep the pickup tail
gate closed while you do it and amaze the neighbors.

Joe