Posted to alt.home.repair
Moisés Nacio Moisés Nacio is offline

Default What do contractors do when they have to go to the bathroom?

"Larry Bud" wrote in message
On a lighter topic, this came up in a local morning show in Detroit.
For those who are easily offended by bathroom humor, click on "Next
Thread" now!

I repeat, if you don't like bathroom humor, this is your last chance...

There's a local story where a guy from DTE Energy was caught by a
homeowner peeing in her garden... right on her strawberry plants.
Nice. So the show took calls from people on similar circumstances and
the question was placed on those people who work outside all day, maybe
driving from site to site, how do they handle the bathroom situation.

Some of the "hightlights":

One guy cleaned windows, and one of his customers gave him the code to
her house and allowed him to use the bathroom, even though he said he
didn't like having to use a customer's bathroom. He did a #2, and when
he was leaving, the woman's daughter came home, they passed in the
hallway, she entered the bathroom, and about 1.5 seconds later exited
quickly!

Some of the not so great stories: Builders who did #2 the holes for
sump pumps. Another guy who installed carpet said that a common
practice for them was to find a remote road (dirt road), do a #2 in old
carpet padding, roll it up and tie it, and put it on the bumper of
their truck and "forget" it when they drive off!

Finally, a guy called up and said he had 2 chimney sweeps over for
about 3 hours. One of the guys asked if he could use the bathroom, and
he said yes. The guy was in there for 15 minutes and left. Home
owners wife goes into bathroom and starts emptying laundry hamper.
Chimney sweep apparently soiled himself, wrapped his underwear in
newspaper, and threw it in the hamper!!! WTF?!?!

As a former contractor, I don't have any stories. But, I have taken a job
with the state, in the transportation department, and have more than my
share. So, I will extend the stories about every day people.

It's a great job in the winter, plowing & salting the interstates. On super
slow days, when you're not doing patching etc., you do litter patrol.

We find all sorts of treasures, like watches, cash, tools, new clothing.
One of my co-workers thought he hit the mother load, when he found a spiffy
new briefcase. All of us figured a big load of cash was in it. It was
locked, so the co-worker pried open his find. It was a mother load alright,
someone took a dump in it, complete with toilet paper. Figure that one out!