Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Keiser John Keiser is offline

Default Acer Monitor 77e Slow To Warm Up

The monitor is 6 years old so I've gotten good use from it. But the picture
is brilliant [usually] and I get no joy in just tossing stuff. [Andy Cuffe,
a contributor here, once helped me find and repair a fried HV ceramic cap in
a broken 21 inch Sony monitor. A good experience in patience.]

I'm in Hawaii and you remind me that the excessive humidity can attack the
CRT sockets. Had the same issue a few years ago on a different device. I
had forgotten. Very rainy/humid recently. I cleaned the socket [might
have been a bit dirty] and will see what happens. For now, seems fine.

Thank you all for your advice.

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.