Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
George E. Cawthon George E. Cawthon is offline

Default OT - Basic Skills in Today's World

jack wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
nk.net...
Trevor Jones wrote:

Want to change your oil?

My Daughter is at College away from home and has a car of mine. I remind her
every few months to change the oil and have the fluids looked at. She even
has a credit card of mine to cover maintenance. I have told her many times
that the Jiffy Lube guys sometimes are not all that smart, but they often
get things right...
Daughters boyfriend decided that he could do it better, so he climbed under
the car, drained into a gallon milk container with a small funnel (spilled
all over the street), cleaned up with kitty litter, and added 4 quarts of
oil (no filter change).
Daughter called me a half hour later and told me the car starts and the
engine runs well, but the car won't move. I had her verbally repeat the
maintenance efforts boyfriend attempted.
You guessed it... he drained the automatic transmission.

Boyfriend thinks it is better for me to call him by his current nickname
"Dipstick" than the other one "dips&%t"

Jack

Could call that a failure of parenting. But quite
often, it's failure of the kid's brain. No
experience with daughters, but one son was enough.