Posted to misc.consumers.house
Banty Banty is offline

Default Property value when home taken out of flood zone

In article , GWB says...

On 7 Aug 2006 07:17:05 -0700, "nonbuyer" wrote:

New Orleans is a good case for buying flood insurnace even when not
required in certain areas. I will continue to buy the insurance, but
it will cost significantly less -- I figure at least $1000 per year
less. This has to have an impact on home values. Anyone have this
experience?

Thank you.

wrote:
Ask some one from New Orleans. I doubt the construction of a Levee will
remove you from the flood zone.
Arnie

The less you need it, the cheaper it is.
I'd have to be on top of a big old hill before I would forgo flood
insurance.

*I'm* on the top of a big old hill.

I had a flood claim back in January 1996 due to extreme runoff conditions. Good
thing I had the low-risk flood insurance.

Banty