Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen Dan Espen is offline

Default above ground pool sand filter problem

"houbs" writes:

yes it is coming out of the waste outlet and I can get it to leak slow
,but still more than a drip. I put a hose on it and ran it back to the
pool.still would like to know what and how to fix.I don't know how old
it is, a friend gave it to us but he is in Iraq now.

Simplest fix is new valve body.
They aren't terribly expensive.

Dan Espen wrote:
"houbs" writes:

my pump keeps leaking after I backwash ,sometimes if I keep turning
back and forth I can get it to stop but tired of this and this time it
wont stop. what is the problem?

Where is the water coming out?

How old is the valve at the top of the filter?
I just replaced mine at about 10 years due to leaks.

If the water is coming out the waste outlet, it's probably
the gasket, which I think you can replace separately,
but if the unit is old enough, go for a new valve body.