Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default OT - Basic Skills in Today's World

Anyone that likes to live in a controlled enviorment gets what they
deserve.

You have to get approval to do just about anything around your house. You
even need a fart licence or they lock you up.

John

You got that right. I can understand why some people buy into these, and I
know people who live in just such communities. They mostly love it because
they like everything in its place at all times. Homes they are not. Very
sterile atmosphere. But they like the golfing, mah jong marathons, and soy
burger cookouts, so, whatever winds yer clock.

I just bought a home with two acres at the end of a road in a very rural
Utah town. Nothing but BLM land all around that won't be developed in my
lifetime. Or probably in this century. It does have some zoning
restrictions, but they mainly apply to building permits, setbacks, and
common sense items that affect others. That is why I bought there. The
people I know who live in HOAs wouldn't consider living there, but they
don't have to.

Whatever winds your clock.

Steve