Posted to rec.woodworking
dondone dondone is offline

Default New to group

I also had this concern when I AC'ed my shop. But the AC contractor said if
I changed the filters often there should be no problem. Still not trusting
his judgement I made the return air intake 4 times the area he had
designated. I just built a box that is fixed to the ceiling over the intake
he installed and has 4-20"x20" filter grilles in which I place pleated
filters. When I had the AC unit serviced this spring after a year's use,
evap coil of the AC was clean. I change the filter about every two months.
With the dust remover I see in your pictures (I have none) you should be
more than fine.

wrote in message
Hello John,

I decided to put the window AC in because I will only be using it
during the summer, and I will take it out the rest of the year, so
that I can get a view of the lake out the window.

Also I am still considering putting AC/heat unit into the entire shop,
but I am concerned about the wood dust cloging it up over time.

This basically is a quick fix since I already had the window unit.

Gary

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 08:22:36 GMT, John B
wrote:

G'day Gary,
Excellent place to while away the hours.
Just one Q. Is there a reason the aircon in the office is in the window,
rather than in the wall ?? Just thought that as you were building ya
could have knocked a hole in to suit.
Just a hint of a green eye here

regards
John