Peter Parry

Default underfloor heating - running costs

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 16:33:49 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Peter Parry" wrote in message
.. .

According to the BRI 80% of electric underfloor installations were in
public housing. During the Wilson Callaghan era there was a policy
of installing oil, gas and electricity in equal mixes in public
housing, the cheapest fuels were electricity and oil.

Gas has always been cheaper than electricity; in the past 40 years anyway.

No it hasn't, oil has quite often been cheaper and in the 60's/70's
off peak electricity was cheaper at times.

My UFH electric system was in private house and I knew of few in public
housing.

Quite possibly, but your knowledge and reality are often a long way
apart.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/