Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Strong acid for toilets

In message , mike
writes
wrote in
roups.com:

Also HCl is so easy to use: shove the water a couple of time with the
bogbrush to get the level downa bit, add HCl and leave overnight.
Thats it.

I slide a glass or two of water in gently after adding acid, to get the
level up to where it gets to the ring of scale that forms round the
surface- or is that only on my bog?

Clean it more often and it'll be less likely to form.....

We have 3 toilets in the house, one tends not to get used because of
it's location. It can easily develop a scale ring as the water
evaporates. Making the effort to use it more frequently (and clean it of
course) has removed the problem
--
Chris French