Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steven Campbell Steven Campbell is offline

Default Fixing Shelves to Plasterboard Walls

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Steven Campbell wrote:
Now I come to think about it, our kitchen units are all attached to
plasterboard walls and not via the studs either. These are also some
weight by the time the dishes etc are in them.

I'd be most surprised if they are indeed just fixed to the plasterboard.
Did you put them up yourself?

I did yes.
It was at a time I didn't have a clue about any type of fittings and good
old B&Q directed me towards toggles for hollow walls.
I was a bit dubious at the time but have certainly been impressed with how
well the fixings have held the cabinets and that is without tiles below them
to help the support.
However the kitchen is due to be changed very shortly and no doubt I will do
it by the "preferred" method.

Steven.