Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop Dave Fawthrop is offline

Default Listed Buildings recomended reading for renovation?

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 18:42:43 GMT, "Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;?)"
wrote:

|Can anyone suggest a good book with regards to old buildings renovation.
|Our new project is late 17th Century and in need of love and attention.

As the building is Listed, English Heritage have the veto on anything you
do, and *must* be consulted about any plans. AFAIK they are amiable lot,
call them in *now* and explain what you hope to do, they have a lot of
expertise.

|We obviously want to do stuff that will allow the building to "live" the
|way it was intended.

English Heritage's policy is that they would prefer to find another use for
Listed buildings, because doing nothing causes them to fall down.