Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default central heating controls wiring

In article ,
John wrote:
The one it's replacing doesn't seem to have been a 'special'. What's so
different about Alpha boilers?

Don't know if you actually clicked on the link Dave but it links to a
page on the Alpha website detailing the 7-day Wireless Digital
Easy-Stat.

I did, but it's one of those websites that don't load properly on this
browser so I lost interest.

The clever part is that, being designed specifically for
Alpha boilers the receiver part of it just mounts in the boiler itself
in an existing hole, replacing the existing timer options one-for-one,
utilising the same spade connections. The transmitter can be mounted
anywhere (but the OP will, presumably, want it in the same place as his
existing programmer). The whole thing can be fitted, programmed and
working within 5 minutes - and it can be retro-fitted into existing
Alpha boilers.

Handy for a new fit, I'd say, but the OP just wants to replace an existing
stat with a different one, so the wiring must already be in place.

PS, never sure about netiquette - should I be snipping out your
(anyone's) sig when I reply? It's not so bad on a single reply but it
can take up loads of room when it gets to 5 or 6 postings in a thread
)

Yes, you should remove it. Better newsreaders will do it automatically as
that's the purpose of the sig separator. (-- )

--
*Gaffer tape - The Force, light and dark sides - holds the universe together*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.