Posted to misc.consumers.house
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Default title insurance

writes:

I need to sell my home but a judgment is clouding the title. A
judgment was not a perfected lien and was discharged in BK. The
creditor appealed and lost (a federal opion was published). How can I
close escrow? Time is of the essence.

Is BK bankruptcy?

If you don't have a real estate attorney, it sure sounds like you
could benefit from one. If BK is bankruptcy, whatever attorney
helped with the bankruptcy might be a good place to turn for
assistance.

The good news is--real estate attorneys are not expensive. At least
round here in Chicagoland, they cost a whopping flat fee of just
$300-$500 per transaction. Well worth it even if you don't have any
interesting issues like you have.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.