Posted to misc.consumers.house
[email protected] bigjim@backpacker.com is offline

Default Changing over from Electric oven to gas - what are my options?

Electric ovens are said to be better but I prefer gas cooktops. My
house has a jennair electric range with glass cooktop /grill catridge
etc. I like the ceramic heating element on stovetop and so far the
oven bakes wonderfully. We will probably keep until it dies then get
get gas range

wrote:
With nat gas availabe at the street, that is the only way I'd go. No
one wants a propane tank around, unless it's absolutely necessary.
Also, think resale time. A house without a propane tank is going to be
more attractive than one with it.

I think it's also somewhat odd to want to switch from an electric oven
to gas. The vast majority of pro chefs prefer gas ranges and electric
ovens.

In the end, it's what you prefer and how much you are willing to pay.