Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default OT - Basic Skills in Today's World

digitalmaster wrote:
"Leon" wrote in message

"digitalmaster" wrote in message

don't blame the home builder...blame the home buyer.Builders build what
sells.If workshops were a priority for most people most homes would have
them.

That's not entirely true. The builder can build the house cheaper with a
plain two car garage. How many people actually only store only their cars
in their garages?

And he can sell it cheaper...The market is driven by the buyer.If more
people are willing to pay for a shop more builders will build houses with a
shop.If most people do not want to pay extra for a shop they are not
built.Builders try to build what sells.

We've got a two car garage with two doors, but we never "park" the cars
in them.

I or my son will pull a car into one of them to work on it, but as far
as regular parking goes, there's so much stuff stacked up against the
walls (plus a couple of lally columns down the centerline) that
squeezing through a barely openable car door inside the garage is such a
PIA that we just park outside.

But we still use a garage door as our usual entry/exit to the house,
'cause it's much closer to where we park than the front door is, and it
has "keyless entry" via a push of the garage door opener button inside
the car. G

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia