Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default OT car stereo

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
Bob Eager wrote:

You need a pair of special 'tools'. Basically U-shaped wire loops,

I replaced my car radio the other day and used a 4" bit of 2.5mm T&E.
Split the main conductors out (with their individual insulators still
on) and bend in a U shape. Shove into each hole and tada! Worked
perfectly.

That was lucky. I would have thought that 2.5 T&E would not allow you to
pull the stereo forwards. I have used 2.5 T&E to release the clips but I
also had access to the back of the stereo via the removed ashtray to push a
screwdriver through the holes in the cage to push the stereo forwards after
the clips were released.

Adam