Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default central heating controls wiring

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
John wrote:

"sarmavsn" wrote in message
s.com...
Dear All,
I had a Honeywell room thermostat which controlled the Alpha Combi
boiler in the loft.
I tried to replace it with a Drayton Digistat 3. It did not work.
Can any one please expalin what is the meaning of the terms, call for
heat, satisfied etc?
What do thes wires do in real terms? When I put an ohm meter across the
three terminals of the digistat, nothing happens as the programme calls
for heat. Does this work by connecting terminal 1 to 3 or does it send
a voltage signal?
Can some please explain how the system works?
thanks
sam

I think the best option would be to put your new Drayton Digistat 3 on
Ebay or get a refund and get one of these
http://www.alpha-boilers.co.uk/index.asp?wpid=109 which is specifically
designed for Alpha boilers. I've got one and it's absolutely brilliant.

The one it's replacing doesn't seem to have been a 'special'. What's so
different about Alpha boilers?

--
*Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Don't know if you actually clicked on the link Dave but it links to a page
on the Alpha website detailing the 7-day Wireless Digital Easy-Stat. The
clever part is that, being designed specifically for Alpha boilers the
receiver part of it just mounts in the boiler itself in an existing hole,
replacing the existing timer options one-for-one, utilising the same spade
connections. The transmitter can be mounted anywhere (but the OP will,
presumably, want it in the same place as his existing programmer). The whole
thing can be fitted, programmed and working within 5 minutes - and it can be
retro-fitted into existing Alpha boilers.

John.
PS, never sure about netiquette - should I be snipping out your (anyone's)
sig when I reply? It's not so bad on a single reply but it can take up loads
of room when it gets to 5 or 6 postings in a thread )