Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Rewiring garden pond pump?

David Hansen wrote:
On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 13:54:03 +0100 someone who may be Douglas de
Lacey wrote this:-

I have an old pump (Lotus "Little Gem") which is still working fine (so
am loath to throw it away) but the cable is becoming very degraded: the
outer rubber cover is cracking away in several places. As far as I can
see the cable just disappears into a lump of resin(?) in the body of the
pump.

Correct.

Any thoughts about digging this out and replacing it (with
silicone?) -- or am I really onto a loser here?

Throw it in the bin. Replace with another pump.

I assume that the circuit is RCD protected. Do you really want to
trust your life (and the lives of family and friends) to a piece of
mechanical equipment that is not 100% reliable? All for the sake of
a few pounds.

How is anyone going to get killed (or even injured) by it? One's life
doesn't depend on the operation of a pond pump usually.

--
Chris Green