Posted to uk.d-i-y
. . is offline

Default OT car stereo

Christian McArdle wrote:
I replaced my car radio the other day and used a 4" bit of 2.5mm T&E.
Split the main conductors out (with their individual insulators still
on) and bend in a U shape. Shove into each hole and tada! Worked
perfectly.

The advantage of the genuine tool (especially if well made), is that
they can provide a considerable amount of pulling force on the stereo.

Hand fashioned tools usually disengage the latches fine, but if
removing a CD player, there's often no way of pulling the thing out.

Christian.

eh ? every one I've ever done has /always/ just popped out easily.
with a bit of a wiggle. (I've done about a dozen stereo swaps)