Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Alarm system - does it need a professional?

In article ,
Timothy Murphy wrote:
We recently had a huge job done on the sash windows
in this old (1860) house.
One effect was that the alarms on the windows were removed,
after disabling the alarm system.

Do I need to call the alarm company,
or could I re-install the alarms myself?

Are alarm systems akin to brain-surgery,

Some alarm companies would certainly like you to think so. ;-)

or are they in the bicycle-puncture bracket?

Some find that difficult too.

What sort of sensors were they on the windows?
Most electrical wholesalers sell the common bits and this might be some
help:-

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...dex/index.html

It would be much easier if you'd noted the wiring colours and where they
go before they were removed.

--
*The average person falls asleep in seven minutes *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.