ARWadsworth

Default How do I wire a double socket?

"Pablo" wrote in message
This is what I don't understand. I have TWO earth connectors on the
face plate, let's call them left and right.

You can use either the left or right earth terminal it doesnt matter. If

you
look carefully you will see that they are connected.

Do I need to run a length
of the 2.5 mm green/yellow cable from the back box to the left earth
on the socket plate

No for reason given above.

If you are using metalclad sockets they should be earthed to the back box.
You can use 1.5mm cable and it should be earth sleeved. There will be a
ready supply of this cable using the earth cable of the 2.5 T&E cable the
ring main is laid in. You can put all three earth wires into one earth
terminal if it is convenient.

Adam