Posted to misc.survivalism,sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default OT - Basic Skills in Today's World

Okay, so I'm late and catching up, but Gunner wrote
on Sun, 06 Aug 2006 17:54:53 GMT in misc.survivalism :
On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 15:59:36 +0100, Mark Trudgill
wrote:

The message
from "George E. Cawthon" contains these
words:

Retief wrote:
On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 23:21:51 GMT, Lew Hodgett
wrote:

COULD you butcher a hog, if you really needed to?
Yes, BUT, because I can, I've got sense enough to let somebody else
do it.

No, you charge a fair bit to do the butchering operation, and hire a
"grunt" to do the hard parts (i.e. you supervise). The hog owner
get's his hog butchered correctly, your assistant gets food (a piece
of the action), and you get a big hunk of hog.

And everyone is happy and well fed...

Retief
How do you incorrectly butcher a hog?

Based on a sermon title from Dad's Seminary days ("Dead Hog and no Hot
Water...") I'd say not having enough hot water is one factor. Don't ask
me, I just pass 'em along.

Give a pig and a knife to someone who hasn't a clue and end up with
250lb of pork trimmings.

If the dead pig doesn't manage to stick him in the process.

I'm not sure of all the details, but is seems that after Udo killed the
hog, he placed the knife in the wrong place, and the dead pork roast
"kicked" the knife right through his foot. In one side and out the other.
Fortunately, Germany has good health care, but Udo was rather unhappy. he
didn't feel right laying in bed all week, but orders are orders, especially
when delivered by Herr Doctor. (And we had a couple English Nursing
Sisters in the group, so he was Confined to his Room for the duration.)

Make some good hotlinks though ....

I'll take your word for it.

pyotr
--