Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathan Pearson Jonathan Pearson is offline

Default Building insurance with (DIY) public liability

cucumber wrote:
Is there an insurance company that can provide building insurance
while renovations are being carried out.

Most of the work is being done by myself so I need it to include (or
rather doesn't exclude) a DIY public liability cover if there's any
damage to neighbouring properties or people.

Thanks.

If you are living there, then your standard home insurance policy (with
accidental damage?) should cover all DIY disasters including damage to
neighbouring properties. I managed to cause some damage to my neighbours
property, and my insurer said I should be covered, but stipulated that my
neighbour needed to claim off his insurance then mine would pay his insurer
(its currently ongoing, but may not reach insurance as it looks like the
damage I caused may be a lot less than originally thought).

Jon