Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question- plumbing fiasco

"KOS" wrote in message
ps.com...
The GC, who was
working on the project, states he was outside and came in and saw the
water flowing.. Plumber was called and changed a pipe which he states
was 'bent'. GC states he didnt touch anything.. (seems like plumber
wants to push blame) . SHouldnt the plumber's insurance cover the
damages? or must the homeowner use their homeowners insurance? plumber
is trying to avoid paying anything- stating that , well, this is an old
house, and this can happen with old pipes. Any advice you can offer
would be very helpful. My friend feels that the plumber should have at
least some responsibility as he was working on the pipes. Not fair for
plumber to avoid all fault and leave with no $ responsibility.
Thank you
KOS

Paging Judge Wapner!

Did the plumber cause the problem? This is a simple yes or no situation.
Just because the plumber worked in that room does not mean he was the cause.
Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. We need to see the cause of the leak.

The owner should contact his insurance agent and let them handle it. Take
photos of the pipe that was leaking as well as what was worked on.