Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default stinking fridge

On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 20:24:35 GMT, Mark Modrall
wrote:

In article ,
"Xeno Chauvin" wrote:
In the walls,and gaskets.
If a top freezer under the floor plate in the freezer,
and in the duct work of the air circulator fan.
Tricky to get rid of.
Depending how long you can live without a frig
you could take everything out and put in bowls
of chlorine bleach water and let them evaporate
through the entire box while running. Takes a couple of days.
Then turn the box off ,open the door and let air out
a couple of days.

Thanks for the advice... How big a bowl of water/bleach? Seems like
it would take quite a while for a large bowl to evaporate when it's
being cooled (especially in the freezer )

He's not talking about the whole thing evaporating, just as much as
will do so with a medium or big size electric mixer mixing bowl size.
I haven't done this, but it sounds like it would work. But I doubt
you'll be able to notice that the level went down.

My Kenmore has a sticker on the fridge wall saying it is a special
material that doesn't absorb odors. From that I deduced that some
fridge and/or freezer walls absorb odors.

-Mark