Andy Hall

Default Garage Lighting

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 19:07:13 +0100, Ben Blaney
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 17:49:38 +0100, Ben Blaney
wrote:

Again, I've seen Garage Floor Paint in various guises, and I'm a little
bemused whether it needs a sealer or primer or something, because the
literature I've seen for various brands is contradictory or just plain
confusing.

It depends on the floor and on the paint.

Right. I'm a DIY numpty, and I'm starting with the easy stuff -
painting, etc. I'm quite enjoying it, though, and the house is looking
better.

I used a system of two part epoxy paints. This has a sealer (1 coat)
and a top coat (2 coats). On the basic paints you would probably
find that if a sealer is not said to be required, you will not get the
theoretical coverage and will require more coats.

Got it. So, probably the best thing to do is talk to the bloke at the
paint shop, and he'll know what's what. I'll do that.

You could also usefully contact Max Bone at Decorating Direct. He
posts here from time to time, certainly knows his stuff. The web site
shows a good range of quality products that you don't often see in the
shops.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl