Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
George E. Cawthon George E. Cawthon is offline

Default OT - Basic Skills in Today's World

Mark Trudgill wrote:
The message
from "George E. Cawthon" contains these
words:

Retief wrote:
On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 23:21:51 GMT, Lew Hodgett
wrote:

COULD you butcher a hog, if you
really needed to?
Yes, BUT, because I can, I've got sense enough to let somebody else
do it.
No, you charge a fair bit to do the butchering operation, and hire a
"grunt" to do the hard parts (i.e. you supervise). The hog owner
get's his hog butchered correctly, your assistant gets food (a piece
of the action), and you get a big hunk of hog.

And everyone is happy and well fed...

Retief

How do you incorrectly butcher a hog?

Give a pig and a knife to someone who hasn't a clue and end up with
250lb of pork trimmings.

That isn't part of the scheme, he said he could
butcher it, so he must have a clue, probably way
more than a clue.

My point is there is no incorrect way as long as
one observes sanitary procedure, may not be the
way a professional does it and one may not end up
with the standard cuts. Maybe the total idiot
would prefer pork trimmings (whatever that is). I
usually end up with bite size pieces before I
stuff them in my mouth.