Posted to rec.woodworking
R. Pierce Butler R. Pierce Butler is offline

Default Took a Sawzall to my Ash Table :( w/pics

"David F. Eisan" wrote in
news
Hello everyone,

Today was not a good day in the shop.

I was going to do the final glue up on my table today. I stood one sub
assembly of legs on my bench and was about to dry fit the long aprons
with the drawer runner into the legs. This is what it looked like,

Notice how the skirt is a little narrow....

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...pashtable1.jpg

Opps, looks like I measured between the legs for the drawer runners
whereas I should have slipped the long aprons into the tennons and
measured between those for the length of the drawer runner.

Hmmmm.... What to do.

Sawzall time!

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...pashtable2.jpg

http://www.federatedtool.com/david/i...pashtable3.jpg

Hack out the runners with the sawzall. Since the runners were attached
to the long aprons with double biscuits, it wasn't hard to chisel apart
the joint and pare it flush to the apron.

I have it all cleaned up and now I have to remake the parts I cut out,
'cept this time, a little longer .

Oh well,

David

Every neighbourhood has one, in mine I'm him.

You need a large lateral file cabinet for your hand held power tools.