Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism

Default OT - Basic Skills in Today's World

Ace wrote:

Guess it would be nice to see their basements, or even a workshop ????

Workshop? I already have three, and it's taking over the house, too.
;-)

Sure, I've had to make some adjustments now that I'm disabled, but i
still spend what time I can in the shops. Some modifications help, like
the foot switches on the drill press, and some other tools. Since I can
no longer do the micro electronics I did for a living I am concentrating
un finishing my main shop, and my non profit efforts to collect and
refurbish computers for other disabled Veterans in my area. A basic
computer system is given free to Veterans in need, and the only cost
incurred is if they want something we have to purchase wholesale. The
work is done by me, and a couple part time volunteers. I also have a
lot of older PC parts, from the original PC on up. If anyone needs
older parts, let me know. Most of the stuff can be had for the cost of
shipping, and a little, for what i paid for it, plus shipping. I have
piles of good XT, 286, 386, 486 and early Pentium motherboards that are
not usable for the computer project, but I don't want to toss them.
Plenty of video cards, I/O cards and other odds and ends, including
early SIMM and DIMM memory are floating around on the different
motherboards. XT and AT powers supplies, if you need them, along with
mini tower type supplies. I will use some of it for my projects, but I
can't use it all.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell