Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
Jeff McCann Jeff McCann is offline

Default OT - Basic Skills in Today's World

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message
On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 17:52:56 -0700, Robert Sturgeon
wrote:

Sometimes it doesn't. At the height of the Roman Empire,
Rome had a population of around 1,000,000. By the late
Middle Ages, that was down to less than 10,000, and wolves
were roaming the streets. Various other societies have gone
through collapses that were as bad, if not worse. Contrary
to what we like to think, things can, in fact, go Very
Badly. There is no reason to suppose that we are somehow
immune.

This was addressed at some length in my dissertation in Appendix
A -- THE LINEAR AND ACCRETION MODELS OF ECONOMIC EVOLUTION

[snip]
(For example
Rousseau 1712-1778 and Gibbons 1737-1794 )[snip]

How did your dissertation advisor feel about such obvious proofing errors?
What was your dissertation for, and when and where was it accepted?
Published? Just curious.

Jeff