Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
Jeff McCann Jeff McCann is offline

Default OT - Basic Skills in Today's World

"Leon" wrote in message
m...

"Jeff McCann" wrote in message

Many did, others didn't. Many an extension cord snaked it's way over a
neighbor's fence. Life went on. We improvised, adapted and overcame.

It
was rougher for some than for others, but the local economy is booming,
tax
coffers are swelling, and local unemployment is below 3%.

Jeff

Now consider yourself being without fuel for 3 or 4 months or much longer.
You merely made best of a minor inconvenience. If real trouble came that
shut down fuel production for months you too would soon feel the effects.

Yes, I would. But would it mean the end of American society? I don't think
so. I know how to do for myself without many things. Moreover, I've seen
many a disaster come and go, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, 9/11, etc, up
close and personal. It's my job. One thing I have learned is that our
society's coping mechanisms are quite robust.

Jeff