Posted to rec.woodworking
hylourgos hylourgos is offline

Default Are there any tools to help cope crown molding?

Jim Stuyck wrote:
wrote in message
Anyone seen any tools to help cope crown?

snip

I'm only doing a single room and don't need a Copemaster or anything
that will take the entrie room's worth of molding to practice on.

snip
For that, put one piece in "square cut" so that it fits flush
against the wall. The second piece gets coped. Cut that
piece at a 45 degree angle. Use the side of the pencil lead
to mark the edge. Cope back along that line just a little more
than 45 degrees, careful not to overshoot the line.

Hey Jim, why the pencil? If you cut the board 45º (properly oriented
for crown molding), then you already have your edge clearly defined for
you by the beveled/mitered cut. At least, that's how I've always done
it.

Curious,