Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,misc.survivalism
John Husvar John Husvar is offline

Default OT - Basic Skills in Today's World

In article ,
Mark Trudgill wrote:

The message
from John Husvar contains these words:

In article ,
Mark Trudgill wrote:

Those I used to butcher as beef and bone them out as if not you'd end up
with pork chops nearly 2" thick and weighing about 40oz each!!

Ummmm.

Pray tell: What is the downside here.

John, lover of _thick_ pork chops; seared, then slow grilled.

The thing is you and I may be greedy *******s, and my do they eat well.

Yes we may and that they do. Guilty as charged!

But the wife and kids couldn't eat one of these in a month of sundays so
you end up throwing most of it away!!

's OK, I'll handle the leftovers.
Cholesterol on the hoof, but what a way to go!

And for the organ meat crowd: Smithville Restaurant in Smithville, OH,
not far from here, makes a serving of seasoned, breaded, deep fried
chicken livers that melts in your mouth and tastes like heaven on a
fork. At least they do if they're still in business.

Coronary Artery Disease on the hoof -- or wing as the case may be --
but, again, what a way to go!

That was one place one could go and suddenly realize that every stick of
wood in the building was American Chestnut, wall paneling included. The
doorjambs, window sashes and frames were probably worth than my whole
house.

--
Bring back, Oh bring back
Oh, bring back that old continuity.