Posted to rec.woodworking
grappletech grappletech is offline

Default OT - Basic Skills in Today's World

That's not entirely true. The builder can build the house cheaper
with a plain two car garage. How many people actually only store
only their cars in their garages?

And he can sell it cheaper...The market is driven by the buyer.If more
people are willing to pay for a shop more builders will build houses
with a shop.If most people do not want to pay extra for a shop they
are not built.Builders try to build what sells.

My neighbor has a 25' by 30' or so shed/mini barn. An Amish crew (we live
in Ohio) came out and built it in one day, a couple of years ago. $6500
for 750 square feet; that's only $8 per square foot. It's a real beautiful
structure with tons of overhead storage (it's a tall shed). He has a table
saw and a planer and all the other toys in it. Speakers in the corners
hooked to a stereo receiver. Wood burning stove. And if they ever sell
their house, the shed is a huge selling point. Now to talk my wife into us
getting one!