Posted to uk.d-i-y
R.P.McMurphy R.P.McMurphy is offline

Default Fixing Shelves to Plasterboard Walls

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from "Terry W." contains these words:

Can someone please off me advice as to what kind of fixings I need to
hold
the strips to the plasterboard wall and what kind of weight i can put on
them.

Personally I wouldn't. You could hang them from the ceiling with wires
into eyes in the joists, or carry the load down to the floor with struts
- but bookshelves and plasterboard don't really mix.

Seconded.

Buy an older house. Failing that, use free standing book shelves.

Why anyone buys an new house nowadays beats the hell out of me! Oh well,
each to their own i suppose.

Steve