Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Peter is offline

Default Maggots in dustbin (elimination thereof)

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 21:37:42 GMT, Peter Lynch wrote:

We had exactly the same problem last year when our council bumbled
onto this stupid, stupid policy (why can't they just sack a few
pointless employees to save money, like a normal company?

I suspect if you dig a bit deeper it's related to the land fill tax that
is pretty steep already and going to get even higher. All councils need
to encourage the recycling of as much waste as possible to reduce the
amount of land fill tax they'll have to pay.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

So, increase the council tax, triple the numer of collections and therefor
wages, bellow out more diesel, buy more trucks, get all those cans and
bottles washed out with scarce water supplies, leave them all outside for 2
weeks. Yeah this recycling is well thought out..
Our collection involves mixing cans and bottles all in one plastic box with
the collector seperating them for each house. Beggars belief. Like any
decently run organisation attention should occasionally divert to costs.
Councils simply vote to increase income.
California, decades ago, tried something new, democracy i think it was
called. Proposition 13 enabled the elecrorate to set the tax rate, with
lists of services lost/ gained at each tax band.
No prizes for guessing the outcome.