Posted to alt.home.repair
friday friday is offline

Default bathroom decisions

wrote:
buffalobill wrote:
after tearing out the wet walls, you hire the plumber to replace the
fixtures and all related pipes. then hire for the wall job. you won't
be happy with your results unless this is an unused bathroom and you've
got unlimited time and patience.

Impossible to answer without knowing what the rest of the bathroom
looks like, what the rest of the house is like, or what your skill
level is.

Tile looks nicer, add value, but is harder to keep clean and much
harder to install.

My skill level is novice and the rest of the house and bathroom is in
good shape. Can't afford to hire work out and I can figure it out, but
it may take some time. My big problem with surrounds is that they are
fairly ugly and seem to crack easily.