Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oil to Natural Gas Conversion Costs

wrote in message

Funny isn't it how any incidents involving oil just get dismissed,
while anything bad that happens with nat gas gets carefully logged as a
matter of great significance?

Just as a plane crash that kills four people halfway across the country
makes the news, but in your state today and most every day, that many people
are killed in auto accidents. and it is rarely mentioned. Gas explosions
are really rare, but oil leaks just don't make the news. They are not "crown
pleasers" like the more rare happenings.

In addition to the story of outside tanks leaking and causing big
problems, every so often I see news reports of the old wrong delivery
address incident.

Now, this can be traced to stupidity. I wouldn't say it makes oil
unsafe, or a bad choice, depending on the other options available, etc.
But the difference is, I see this and put it in perspective. While
Pete sees anything go wrong with nat gas, and it's suddenly a big
issue, blown out of proportion, while oil gets a free pass.

A fellow I work with had the tubing from tank to heater broken and about 20
gallons spilled. Cause was trace to stupidity of one of his kids. Cost of
cleanup was about $8000. Never made the news.

Pete has posted some good information on this newsgroup and is a very
knowledgeable person. He also seems to have an un-natural fear of gas
though. I respect his opinions and ability, but on this subject he is over
reacting against gas.