Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flexible picture hanging system ???

RzB wrote:
wrote in message
fine clear fishing line or invisible sewing thread could be used with a
Victorian style piture rail, or a simple rectangular section wood rail
higher up. Staple into it on the top side and those staples arent seen,
and nor is the nylon.

hmm.. that's interesting... as I said before I am trying to do
this somehow without the rail.

you could always embed a wood rail in the plaster, flush, and have some
wall-coloured emulsion mixed with lime as a filler in an airtight tube,
just rub a little on over any staple holes. Ensure the wood's stable
though.

Some of the pictures might be quite heavy. Probably max 10kg.
Any idea what sort of static weight, a lightweight near invisible
fishing line will carry?

fishing line is weight rated. You need clear for light walls, smokey
for dark.

NT