Posted to uk.d-i-y
mike mike is offline

Default Options for simple Kitchen Fluorescent light upgrade?

"jkn" wrote in
oups.com:

I'm now, after this thread, thinking of keeping the current
centre-of-room cable, and fit some sort of directional multi-bulb
fitting, as well as the top-of-cupboard lighting.

I think the problem with this is the same as the circular fitting - and I
must say for lighting efficiency rather than ugliness, IMO a long tube is
better, as it's a much more diffuse source - perhaps you could find a nice
fitting and diffuser.

You will prolly be standing in your own light at the worksurfaces, unless
you can craftily direct the individual lights to get round you

mike