Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB RzB is offline

Default Flexible picture hanging system ???

wrote in message
fine clear fishing line or invisible sewing thread could be used with a
Victorian style piture rail, or a simple rectangular section wood rail
higher up. Staple into it on the top side and those staples arent seen,
and nor is the nylon.

hmm.. that's interesting... as I said before I am trying to do
this somehow without the rail.

However this has sparked something in my mind, because I have
been considering having "coving" at the wall/ceiling join. Not the
normal quarter round coving, a sort of contemporary stepped
section. Perhaps this could somehow be used as a picture rail...

There must be a good way to fasten the picture to the fishing
line. This I see as the biggest problem here..

Some of the pictures might be quite heavy. Probably max 10kg.
Any idea what sort of static weight, a lightweight near invisible
fishing line will carry?

I feel some experiments coming on!!

Many thanks for the thoughts...

Roy