Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Oil to Natural Gas Conversion Costs

John wrote:

"Pete C." wrote:

Robert Gammon wrote:

John wrote:
"Pete C." wrote:

When I was in CT I watched the town blast for three days just in the few
hundred foot stretch in front of my house to install storm drains. I
also watched weeks of blasting when widening the main road down the
street. I've watched major construction in my new location in TX as well
and there was no blasting required.

I'm sorry, I thought we were discussing natural gas lines, not huge storm drains, which often have
to be buried much deeper for gravity flow reasons anyway.

So if I could find an area in Texas where blasting WAS required, and some other area in
Connecticut where blasting was NOT required, that would pretty much "proove" the opposite,
wouldn't it?

Blasting IS required in the Hill Country of texas where rock is
frequently only a few feet below the top soil.

Right. Is that where the big housing boom is? The DFW area sure is
growing fast.

I thought it was where all of those natural gas heated houses going up in flames were.

No, they do that all over the country.

Pete C.