Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default light globes blowing too often

In my experience, it depends on manufacturer and batch. Had some miniature
pot lights that took a 35 watt reflector. Bought a box of 12 bulbs, they
only lasted a couple of months each. Bought a second batch of 12 bulbs, and
they last a couple of years each. Finally used them up and bought some
Philips at the local HD store, they are still going and are at least 3 years
old. In the same vein, I have some 50 watt large reflectors where several of
the 19 original bulbs are still in daily use after 20 years. I can't figure
it out, I doubt anyone else can other than brand and batch. You get some
good ones and some bad ones.

"Jen" wrote in message

"sky" wrote in message
ps.com...

Jen wrote:
Seems to blow every couple of months. They're just the normal priced
globes. Can't post a pic, no camera. I'm from Australia, I don't know
where you are from, we may have different manufacturers so I don't know
if a
description would be useful. It is a Phillips brand 25 watt globe.

Jen

Are you in AUS now?

Yes